Ellena Gene. She was the beauty recently crowed the Face of Blush Central and will soon be jetting off to Bali to shoot with renowned photogrpaher Glen Krohn for Blush Central. Not only is she incredibly beautiful and an exceptionally talented model, she is smart, funny and an all round incredible person! We asked a her a few questions about her career, her life and her funniest modelling moment...
1. How long have you been in the industry for?
I’ve been modeling since I was 12, so a fairly long time. But I haven’t gotten into the modeling scene fully until the last 3 years.
2. How did you get your start?
In a child modeling agency. But in my later years it was more about researching who you work with and you end up with connections that lead you to places.
3. What is your favourite thing/the best thing about Blush Central?
The profile and system is so easy to use. Applying for jobs is also easy which is good. The ability to upload as many photos as you like is also a great bonus when you have full membership.
4. What was your reaction to being crowed the Face of Blush Central?
It was unbelievable, I was so excited and so happy!
5. What is coming up for you in the near future?
I have a few jobs coming up that I’m excited about and also my trip to Bali for Blush Central.
6. What are you most excited about on your trip to Bali?
Getting to meet Glen Krohn and working with him on a shoot in Bali and also just experiencing Bali in general. I love to travel and experience new places
7. What advice would you give to aspiring models?
Don’t give up everything to become a model, always have a back up plan. I see so many girls expecting to be the next big thing in two weeks when it takes a lot of work to be a model. Some even leave school for it, which I’m against. Everyone needs an education and a back up plan.
8. What has been the most important lesson you’ve learnt as a model?
If you ever get contacted, research whom you are working with. If you’re ever in a situation where you uncomfortable in a photo shoot just leave. Its not worth being in awkward or bad situations because you feel you don’t have a choice, you always have a choice.
9. Tell us a funny story about something you’ve experienced while modeling
When I did a paint shoot I just happened to slip and fall on my butt. It was a bit painful but everyone had a good laugh at it.
10. Who is your biggest model inspiration or girl crush?
100% Emily Ratajkowski