Have you put yourself to the test and asked yourself if you really have what it takes to secure your next singing audition? How about the steps after securing an audition what next? By creating a free profile on Blush Central casting agencies will be able to check out your profile for potential auditions or job opportunities.
Our aim is to ensure that no talent goes unnoticed and that all you gifted and fabulous singers have access to all the potential opportunities you deserve. So if you think you’ve got what it takes sign up today, and if you don’t think you’ve got what it takes sign up anyway, because we guarantee that more than half the time it’s your nerves and just a case of not believing in yourself enough.
What you need to do to secure an audition - First thing’s first. Sign up to Blush Central today and get updates on any potential auditions or jobs. Then you’ll need to make sure your profile is up to date and easy to read. Remember, you want to sell yourself to professionals because they’re looking for someone with experience, talent and someone who stands out from the rest. Make your unique skills visible to the casting professionals so you make their job easier and they’ll want you! And remember to upload appropriate images and include your measurements.
What to do at your audition - Here’s a step by step guide on what you need to be doing while at your audition:
- Prepare yourself – Ensure that you know what the audition entails so when you enter the room you can show the casting panel you know exactly what is expected.
- Practice singing – Be sure to sing everyday so you can prepare your vocals and keep them strong and healthy for your performance.
- Familiarise yourself– Be familiar with your surroundings, and the material for the show you’re auditioning for. Pick a song with similar vocals to that of the character you’re auditioning for.
- Rehearse – Allow yourself a decent amount of time to rehearse your piece. As they say practice makes perfect so the more time you allow yourself the better the chances are of nailing the audition. It might also be worthwhile to practice with a pianist to get the right tune in order to train your vocals properly.
- Prepare music sheets – Have your music sheets prepared and legible for the pianist to read.
- Execute with poise – Perfect your posture so as to exude confidence in front of the audition panel. Confidence is key to leaving a lasting impression.
- Control your breathing – Always breathe in through your nose and out through your mouth to allow for maximum preparation of the vocals by warming them up.
- Drink fluids – Drinking plenty of fluids is a must, especially water in order to reduce the risk of any swelling to the vocal area which we want to avoid. Warm tea or hot water with a slice of lemon is known to help preserve the vocals.
What’s next after the audition - So you’ve signed up to Blush Central AND secured an audition AND you nailed it. Firstly, congratulations! That’s a fantastic achievement and you should be so proud of yourself. But it doesn't end there. In fact, it’s only just the beginning of many. You’ll want to be auditioning for as many opportunities as possible because the more practice you get, the better you will become. Not only that but some opportunities may fall through for whatever unforeseen reason and so you’ll want to prepare yourself for any circumstance that may arise.
So keep going at it and put yourself out there to make yourself known to all within the industry. We know you have what it takes, it’s just a matter of doing it.